SEIU 775 Benefits Group
At the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, we are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 8,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group and partners in government, labor and private industry are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Reporting to the Director of Continuous Improvement, The Data Scientist will help us research, develop, launch, and evaluate new products and services. The Data Scientist will have the opportunity to build an innovative data system, helping us understand the underlying value proposition for new or improved products and services. You are passionate about predictive analytics in utilizing advanced data mining and machine learning, supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes, and data source harmonization.
- Lead a business intelligence team to enabling usage of data to help achieve organization mission.
- Expert in predictive analytics with emphasis on practical business value
- Assist in supporting analyses for the Benefits Group, including product analyses, client inquires, impact of changing methodologies, standards and best practices.
- Support prototyping (what –ifs) as well as supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes, harmonization and working with different data sources.
- Assist in supporting the correction of major quality escapes
- Design and test data collection methodologies for panels and surveys.
- Provide research support for the identification and implementation of methods and best practices to improve respondent cooperation and optimize data collection approaches.
- Assist in developing and automating methodologies
- Run analytic activities supporting methodology design (e.g., sampling, data fusion, weighting/projection, statistical modeling and technical research)
- Design, implement, and deploy scalable algorithms and models to utilize large amounts of data
- Analyze historical data and build forecasting systems
- Utilize advanced data mining and machine learning to personalize the user experience
- A role-model collaborator and helping the organization achieve scaled benefits.
- Hold an innovative and learners mindset in your approach.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology Systems or related field and 3 years of experience in data analysis, engineering or related field; or
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology Systems or related field
- Leadership experience
- Academic or work experience with:
- Predictive analytics, data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, modeling, and personalization technology development;
- Research on data mining, web mining, or machine learning algorithms;
- Python, Perl, Ruby or similar scripting language;
- Java, C, C++, or similar compiled language;
- Experience in *NIX development environment;
- Expertise in analyzing large quantities of data to identify key trends and patterns;
- Matlab, SAS, R, or similar analytical tool;
- Experience using SQL queries for data analysis on Teradata or similar parallel database.
- Technical user of Office and other common industry collaborative software.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.