The Data Scientist is responsible for developing and tuning authentication and funding predictive models and rules for MoneyGram's Mobile and Web Money Transfer and Payments business. The incumbent will optimize and operationalize the models and rules in a new risk management platform.
- Develops and implements new authentication and funding models and rules.
- Performs analysis of fraud trends and patterns to identify business process and systemic improvements to optimize risk/return tradeoffs.
- Assesses risk monitoring rules to evaluate rule effectiveness, identify enhancements to reduce false positives, and improve fraud detection capabilities.
- Performs ongoing model validations for automated decisioning and risk monitoring processes.
- Works with Product Management to create business needs documents, functional requirements, and lead user acceptance testing with the business owners.
- Reviews project documentation to identify areas of impact to Risk Management and recommend creative solutions to proactively mitigate problems.
- Reviews existing operational processes for cost effectiveness, compliance to standards, and flexibility to meet future needs.
- Acts as a liaison for Risk Management related projects, system, and reporting enhancements as appropriate.
- Creates reports, documentation, and presentations suitable for distribution to senior level/executive management.
- Drives the implementation of new risk policies, practices and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.