Req ID: 148951
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Understanding and converting business problems into analytical problems. Discover first insights and identify opportunities through the use of statistics, machine learning algorithms, data mining and visualization techniques. Build advance analytical models, present findings to business by exposing assumptions and validating work in a way that can be easily understood by business stakeholders.
– Perform exploratory data analysis on extremely large and complex data sets
– Translate complex quantitative analyses into business insights
– Build and evaluate models
– Work on multiple projects within a specific timeframe
– Work with team leaders and members to solve client business/analytics problems and document results and methodologies.
1. Strong analytics and problem solving skills
2. Strong programming knowledge.
R (programming language), SparkR, Python, SQL
3. Good verbal and written communication skills
4. Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing (Hadoop) and/or distributed databases (Microsoft PDW)
– Can-Do attitude
– Flexible and eager to learn new technologies
– Take ownership and deliver to project commitments
– Ability to self-organize, prioritize and multitask
– Ability to work as part of a larger team spread across different time zones and geographies
– Work in an agile environment (Quickly adapt and responding to change)
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
– 5+ years practical experience with statistical analysis and creating models
– 2+ years practical experience with SQL and Big Data environment (Hadoop)
– Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field: Master degree preferred
- Data Science: 5 years
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.