You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Research Science team will report directly to the Executive Director, Research Science. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
Our Data Scientists play a key role in developing, testing, and rolling out new and enhanced statistical modeling methodologies. The position will be located in Rosemont, IL or Port Washington, NY.
• Conduct original research-on-research (e.g., through simulations and/or evaluations of historical data) to improve methodologies, processes, and data integrity for both survey and scanner (point-of-sale) data.
• Engage in challenges such as investigating unexpected results and brainstorming alternative methodological solutions.
• Perform statistical programming work to automate these solutions via SAS macros or R functions (both writing new code and enhancing existing code).
• Execute research projects for both internal and external clients – including research design, data analysis, and the presentation/communication of results.
• 2+ years of work experience in research methodologies, with solid breadth and depth of knowledge of statistical techniques.
• Excellent project management, time management and creative problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience with data analysis in SAS is required. In addition, more extensive SAS proficiency and/or familiarity with R preferred.
• Degree in statistics, quantitative social science, computer science, or related fields is required. Graduate-level experience preferred.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a “can-do” perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world’s leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.