As a Data Scientist in our Decision Sciences R&D organization, you will be responsible for researching and building machine learning and natural language processing applications to extend Conversant’s personalization platform. Conversant’s business is based on analyzing anonymized data at internet scale and evaluating more than 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business. This includes researching and developing models, algorithms, and applications; analyzing raw source data and derived data; presenting findings; and building tools and analyses for new and existing products.
- Develop an understanding of Conversant’s personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving our technology and business problems
- Design, implement, and validate your solutions in Apache Spark, Apache Hive, using Scala or Python on a large state-of-the-art cluster
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Conversant’s platform
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- A Ph.D., (or Master’s degree plus at least 3 years’ relevant experience), in Computer Science, Statistics, Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline
- Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning
- Fluency in programming
- Experience with large data sets
- Strong understanding of statistics and modeling techniques
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
ADDITIONAL USEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Information Retrieval, or Recommender Systems
- Familiarity with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network – all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com .
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com , follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*MS
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.