Discovery Communications, Inc.
The Analyst, Data Science & Digital Analytics will be responsible for supporting the development of digital analytics capabilities, processes and best practices across the business. You will be responsible in generating data-driven insights to help turn business problems and challenges into opportunities. You will take a leading role in growing scale and deepening understanding of our data assets– including internal, external, structured, and unstructured data– while testing hypotheses using appropriate analytical techniques. We’re a lean and growing team, with all hands working closely with data engineering resources to profile, document, and perform DQ checks to ensure integrity of our growing array of data sources.
1. Work with the larger Digital and Commercial Insights Lab team to:
2. Understand the data- and analytics-related activities in various business lines, focused but by no means limited to digital platforms
3. Assist and contribute to development of predictive models
4. Understand business challenges and build hypotheses for solving those challenges, moving towards data driven solutions
5. Support implementation of models and the roll-out to end-users
6. Support the research and development of improvements in analytic techniques and capabilities
7. Support the design and construction of data sets to support other predictive analytics effort
8. Contribute to developing the roadmap and tactical plans necessary to elevate the breadth and depth of Discovery’s first and third party digital data assets
9. Promote and assist driving understanding and adoption of digital data assets
10. Support development of data quality framework to proactively identify data inconsistencies and errors; work to ensure that issues are quickly remedied
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Technology/Engineering, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital media/marketing
* Experience with programming/data tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, Hive, Pig
* Experience with statistical and predictive modelling techniques such as machine learning, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering and regression.
* 1+ years’ work experience required in digital/traditional media
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
* Very detail oriented
* Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work cross-functionally with numerous internal teams
* Skilled at project tracking and execution
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.