Food for thought
- How might we measure the impact of placing a massive “Hog Rider” statue in Asia's largest underground mall?
- How would you decide whether we should show an ad in next year's Super Bowl?
- How should we think about the value of players who don't spend a cent, but contribute heavily to a game's community?
If tackling these kinds of questions gets you fired up, let's talk.
With over 100 million people playing our games every day, marketing at Supercell operates in charted territory, and analytics & data science are the compass. Always on the cutting edge of mobile advertising, marketers at Supercell experiment aggressively and adjust on the fly. We collect data and nurture intuition and constantly balance between the two while making strategic recommendations and tactical optimizations to guide everything from massive global multi-channel marketing campaigns to agile hyper-local experiments.
Above all, data scientists at Supercell enjoy partnering with colleagues to answer critical and difficult questions. They only care about getting to the best POV, regardless of whether that requires a rigorous statistical model, a simplistic ad hoc approach, or more likely some combination of multiple lenses. Our data scientists are not secluded Ivory Tower wizards, but collaborative problem-solvers.
- Collaborative: you enjoy working hand-in-hand with colleagues more than not
- Strategic: you always have the strategic question in sight, and never get lost in the details or enamored with an inferior but intellectually more interesting approach
- Storytelling: You are adept at weaving compelling, thoughtful narratives from data
- Skeptical: you relish playing devil's advocate and being a professional, constructive skeptic
- Fearless: you are unafraid of uncertainty, and don't get paralyzed when grappling with tricky questions or lack of good data
- Adaptable: you are fully comfortable working in a team and industry that are constantly shifting and evolving
- Develop and evolve statistical models to guide measurement and optimization
- Pilot new methods to measure brand new types of marketing efforts
- Design and own marketing experiments in partnership with our Media team
- Bridge the gap from data and analysis to critical business decisions
- Provide a data-driven POV to balance our team intuition
- Travel at your own discretion to our offices in Helsinki, Tokyo, Seoul and China
- 5+ years of experience translating data to insight to recommendations
- BS (MS/PhD Preferred) in quant discipline (e.g. Math/Hard Science, Stats, CS, EE, Econ)
- Strong skills in SQL, R, and Python
- Experience in time series analytics and machine learning models is a plus
Why you'll love it here
- Independence and lack of bureaucracy
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, art veterans, top talent and passionate gamers
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open and at the same time, a very results-driven culture
- Great compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of 100 million people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Tokyo, Seoul and China as well as our company offsite meetings
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your choice
- Work on teams that inspire
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will pay for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games and that is who we are looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you are looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, this is the right place. Supercell isn't an entertainment company, it isn't a start-up, and it isn't just any game company. our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying to to a lot. To release four games we have killed fourteen. We've shut down marketing campaigns because they weren't perfect for our players, and we've scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche. We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you'll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.