Magento is seeking a Data Scientist with a strong background in Business Intelligence, mathematics, machine learning and a passion for solving hard problems using computational methods.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for creating predictive analytics, machine learning platform at Magento . He/she will be interacting with Business understanding the analytical needs and challenges and then work on creating solution for the Business. Work with world class engineers and facilitate the development of the analytics platform and products for the #1 Ecommerce Platform on Internet Retailer B2B eCommerce guide.
· Analyze data in source systems, build machine learning algorithms, conduct A/B tests
· Conduct time series analysis, principal component analysis and visualization to perform exploratory analysis of the target market
· Build models for business clients based on data aggregated from various sources
· Propose accuracy measures and validation criteria for the model
· Communicate the results and methodology effectively within the team and to external stakeholders
Educational background in relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Computational Biology, or other quantitative fields)
Experience with R or Python is critical
· Data science workflows: Docker, Jupyter Notebook, R Studio, Mode Analytics, Git
· Cloud computing: AWS (Redshift, S3, EMR), Talend, Tableau
· Any experience with EMR/Hadoop/Spark/ElasticSearch and buiding applications end to end.
Cultural Attributes –
- Extend the understanding to the Business
- Capable of dealing directly with Business
- Passionate about building data sets to drive business decisions
- Able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions
- Self-starters with good communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Capable of holding meetings and making presentations to audience
- Ability to clearly layout the challenges and work within BI team and DW team
- Ability to write SQL, create tables, throw quick prototype etc
WORKING FOR MAGENTO
Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth.
A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources.
We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.