MDA Information Systems LLC
MDA Information Systems LLC has an immediate opening in our McLean, VA location for Data Scientist. This person will join a team providing social media analytics, social network analysis, and advanced geospatial modeling to the US Government. This is a team that values innovation and new methodology creation and seeks to add a motivated independent thinker.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be qualified you must be a US Citizen and must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Ability to innovate and develop new tools and methods for USG in response to analytic taskings pertaining to social media, social network analysis, and geospatial modeling.
- Apply expertise in network, social media, statistics, and geospatial analysis to identify and research utility of new statistical tools and methodologies to augment USG’s existing methodological approaches to intelligence problems.
- Experience briefing analysts, US officials, subject matter experts on intelligence applications of these advanced methodologies.
- Experience training other intelligence offices in applications of tools and methods.
- Conceptualize and test new applications of existing or new analytic tools and methodologies in support of specific taskings.
- Provide written documents, including reports, briefing slides, and graphic products to support USG’s analytic mission.
- Travel locally in the WMA to attend meetings or training and/or to brief/train USG personnel. Possible CONUS and OCONUS travel.
Successful candidates should have:
- BS or MS in a related field such as Statistics, Data Science, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence, or Geospatial Information Systems
- At least 8 years of significant applied experience in professional experience
- Experience with big data and social media and associated tool suites
- Clearances: Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.