Anschutz Entertainment Grp Inc
The Data Scientist works with the Manager, Data Science to help AEG and it’s businesses discover and make decisions based on the information and insight available from data held within various databases and other sources. The Data Scientist applies data mining techniques, statistical modelling and predictive analytics to identify new opportunities and to grow existing revenue streams and to understand our fans behavior. This position is also responsible for having a strong understanding of the commercial value that data and insight can bring to a business and be able to communicate these clearly with the business.
• Works with the Manager, Data Science and data management team to implement the strategy needed to methodically structure, test, validate, and communicate data-driven insights from complex sources and significant volumes of data for AEG’s requirements.
• Drives the full cycle of model building and ensure that AEG incorporates the latest technology, tools, and methods along with the latest industry trends to identify new opportunities and communicates the results into insights and measures of business improvement and success.
• Apply’s proven methods in working with diverse data types, data scales, and structured and non-structured data, to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing.
• Develops algorithms that result from the validation of hypotheses, and contribute to useful predictions and insights specifically related to event and venue financial performance, including ticket sales, food and beverage and merchandise.
• Develops new approaches to understand ticket buyers and event attendees, including segmentation and profiling to solve complex business problems such as optimizing event and product performance, gross and net profit and yield.
• Delivers findings and interpretation of results to the business through data visualization, presentations, or training sessions.
• Design and analysis of A/B and multivariate testing strategies that deliver incremental response gains from customer marketing programs.
• A minimum education level of: Master of Arts/Sciences Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathmatics.
• 3 years of related work experience.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of analytics tools such as R, SPSS and/or SAS.
• Advanced knowledge of Python and other languages used for Data Science.
• Ability to work independently to complete work objectives, as well as in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and ability to learn required business systems.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of SQL and writing complex queries.
• Experience of noSQL, such as MongoDB, and/or Big Data projects using Hive, or Hadoop.
• Strong communication skills, including to non-technical audiences.
• High degree of initiative, integrity and curiosity for understanding patterns and behaviors through the use of data.
• Ideally an understanding of the live entertainment and sports industry.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Up to 10%
Req Create Date:
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.