This is an opportunity to work with one of the foremost network operations teams in the industry. By leading and performing complex analysis in a continually evolving big data environment, the Data Analyst will provide critical insight to aid in the management of Akamai’s network. This position requires not only strong technical skills but strong interpersonal skills and the ability to synthesize data in a manner actionable at many levels. As a Data scientist you will be responsible for:
* Working closely with stakeholders ranging from senior management to engineers on the front lines to understand the department’s needs and anticipate desired outcomes
* Developing both short and long term data analysis strategies in a big data environment to allow the Platform Operations team to be more proactive and efficient
* Extracting and analyzing data from multiple large databases
* Focusing on solutions, dive into projects, and quickly identify drivers in the data
* Identifying relevant trends, do follow-up analysis, prepare compelling visualizations
* Completing projects that require data mining, analysis, and presentation in a timely fashion
About the Team
The Akamai Platform Operations department is responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining Akamai’s deployed network. As part of the Platform Operations Enablement Team, you will be working with a diverse collection of individuals responsible for projects and programs that enable continuous improvement within the Platform Operations department. In particular, the Platform Operations Enablement Team focuses on enabling and supporting initiatives in analytics, quality, documentation, tools & automation, compliance, disaster recovery, and program management.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or its equivalent or
* Relevant experience and a Master’s degree or PhD or
* Relevant Professional Experience
* 2 year(s) of experience with one or more of the following statistical programing languages such as SAS, R, S+, etc.
* 2 year(s) of experience with large distributed systems like MySQL, Cassandra and Hadoop
* 1 year of experience with Python
* Significant experience working with large datasets
* Strong background with machine learning
* Proficiency with business analysis and technical development
* Experience with report creation
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, and a demonstrated history of high-level achievement in cross-functional organizations
* Demonstrated ability to organize and present information in a consistent and compelling manner
* Self-starter comfortable working either collaboratively or independently in a diverse and fast-paced environment
* Strong work ethic and positive attitude
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.