McKinsey & Company
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Data Science or Engineering) plus ideally an advanced degree
- 3+ years of work experience required working in a data-centric business environment within the High Tech, Media & Telecom sector(s)
- Strong consultative communication skills diagnosing TMT data to develop successful growth strategies with clients.
- Proficiency with Advanced Analytics tools such as: R, Python, SQL, Matlab, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, Hive, Hadoop, Pig, Tableau & Spotfire
- Expertise or demonstrable knowledge in Big Data / Machine Learning / Data Science / IoT.
- Familiarity with social network data, dynamic data sets, Customer Lifecycle Management models, data lakes, subscription data, pricing practices & network analytics.
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified – and sometimes undiscovered – client needs.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be joining our analytics team as a TMT specialist within the growing Advanced Analytics hub in Madrid.
The TMT Sector is a triumvirate of three of McKinsey’s leading industry Practices; High Tech, Media and Telecom. TMT combines the strengths of these Practices with the goal of addressing the convergence and value chain synergies for clients in one of the world’s most important sectors.
Our Advanced Analytics teams bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of industry dynamics and corporate functions to help clients create the most value from data. Combining deep strategic and business insight with world-class technological and operational capabilities, we work with clients to identify where to focus their efforts, convert data and models into actionable insights, and develop institutional skills and structures to sustain impact.
What You’ll Do
As a core member of our TMT Advanced Analytics consulting team, you will play a key consultative and client-facing role in the development of big data and advanced analytics as a refined yet evolving capability of our client teams who advise the top firms in the TMT sector.
You will help to shape the future of what data-savvy organizations look like, in part by driving processes for data extraction and analysis, and creating new lines of thinking within our core clients. In this role, you will focus on helping our clients achieve transformational change by designing, developing and executing analytics work streams that serve as the catalyst to creating client impact. One of the core practice priorities is to establish the processes, mindsets & skills required to convert data to business intelligence and insights for our clients. You will not only expand our current Analytics capabilities, but will help architect new strategies and applications within a dynamic and innovative organization.
Leading your team of data scientists, you will work through clients’ entire data ecosystems to understand what’s available, what’s missing – and where to find and collect that information. You will translate the team’s findings and work consultatively with the client to engage on these and wider issues changing the landscape of TMT. Additionally, you will develop, implement and maintain effective programs around all elements of data engineering and modeling with a constant eye toward continuous improvement.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.