Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at
Unilever employs approximately 11,500 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2014. For more information, visit
Unilever offers numerous exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace.
DATA SCIENCE INTERN
A R&D Data Scientist is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a team:
- Generate, compile and present analytics based on specific project assignment – included design of experiments, analysis and reporting
- Draw conclusions and make recommends for next phase of a project.
- Extract data and information from static reports and convert to interactive visualizations of data
- Develop advanced analytic methods to extract holistic responses (eg: fragrance preferences) from multi-sensory data
- Apply Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Text Mining, Statistics, Big Data Analytics, Statistics or Predictive Modelling as applied to clinical and/or biological systems or formula and material science
- Work with cross functional teams (i.e. formulation, supply chain, process engineering) as project requires
- Maintain a safe working environment in laboratory and assigned work space.
- Undergraduate with sophomore, junior or post-graduate status based with coursework/major in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Biostatistics or Bio-
- Ability to conduct an experimental project to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
- Flexibility and ability to change week to week priorities to meet business needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also think/act independently
- Effectively oral and written communication skills.
- CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
This position is based in Trumbull, CT
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.