Data Science Intern (MA/MS Students): ADM007942
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This10-12 week position is available from June – August 2017. The position involves programming and analysis in support of marketing and sales activities, including prescribing and promotion tracking and assessment.
- The Student is responsible for providing analytical and technical support, which includes the collection and analysis of internal and external pharmaceutical data to assist in making meaningful business decisions.
- Projects may be product specific or focused on issues spanning multiple products. At the conclusion of the term, the Student will share project results and recommended actions as a final project presentation.
- Required: Currently enrolled in an MA/MS degree program in a Computer related or Quantitative discipline such as: Management Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Science, or other relevant discipline.
- Applicants should have an interest in supporting pharmaceutical product Marketing and Sales initiatives and the ability to apply and interpret basic quantitative results.
- Candidates should have technical experience in database structures, query languages, and structured programming languages as well as MS Office products (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access).
- Experience with SAS or a comparable programming language is highly desired.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.