Zillow is looking for a data science intern with interest in web-scale distributed systems and machine learning algorithms to join a growing world-class data science and engineering group dedicated to excellence. The group is responsible for cutting-edge analytic products such as the Zestimate®, Rent Zestimate®, home search personalization, and housing indices on Zillow's unparalleled living database of all homes. We utilize modern open-source Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Spark as the foundation of our ML platform and R and Python as our modeling layer. Building consumer-facing analytic products powering Zillow’s industry-leading online marketplace puts the team and this role at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer.
What’s in it for you?
- Working on high-impact and highly visible predictive modeling problems with the latest Big Data technologies.
- Small team = big impact. Zillow data science and engineering is highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, data-driven organization full of brilliant, ambitious and fast-moving people.
- Design, validate, and prototype improvements to our predictive modeling products.
- Work closely with developers to ship your models.
- Learn from colleges about areas they are experts in: deep learning, NLP, tree-based models, etc…
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.