Are you a strategic thinker, love to examine and transform numbers— maybe even a detective when it comes to analyzing data. At Genworth, you would be a data science intern. Genworth’s data science internship works closely between IT, Actuarial, Operations and is an excellent opportunity to explore this highly technical profession while honing the necessary technical and interpersonal skills for the job. Understanding trends and identifying opportunities within big data allows us to make better business decisions, directly impacting the bottom line. Our interns spend 12 weeks exercising their talents to solve real-world problems because our financial services and products touch real lives—whether we’re providing support for caregivers, enabling independent living, or helping people achieve home ownership.
If this looks like your ideal internship experience…
- Working in a fast-paced, innovative, and change-oriented work environment that could ultimately lead to full-time opportunities
- Building a strong network of peers and mentors
- Attending on-site technical and professional development classes
- Participating in sponsored community service events
…You may be an ideal candidate:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- High aspirations for a career in data mining
- Strong mathematical background
- A background in programming – particularly in SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications
- Minimum or better 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.