Act as liaison/analyst for internal stakeholders, understand their needs and translate them into reporting and analytic solutions.
Effectively communicate with your stakeholders and customers and ensure all requests are properly triaged, recorded and tracked.
Analyze issues using enrollment, utilization, clinical, medical management, financial and other corporate data, and information from both modeled internal data as well as disparate internal and external sources:
- Work with departmental staff to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools.
- Identify necessary data, data sources and methodologies.
- Collect, organize, integrate, analyze and interpret data.
- Leverage advanced statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions that you effectively communicate to your stakeholders.
- Identify and address expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions. Clearly communicate data issues to the recipients and work to improve data quality where possible within the analytical models you create. Feed data quality issues back to the Data Management team to assist in our quest for high quality data.
- Develop and present reports, analyses and findings to senior management and others as scheduled or requested.
Adhere to corporate standards for performance metrics, data collection, data integrity, query design, and reporting format to ensure high quality, meaningful analytic output.
Help identify and understand data from internal and external sources for competitive, scenario and performance analyses, and financial modeling to gain member/provider insight into new and existing processes and business opportunities.
Work closely with the Data Management team on the ongoing improvement of Affinity’s integrated data warehouse, driven by strategic and business needs, and designed to ensure data and reporting consistency throughout the organization.
Develop and maintain project work plans, including critical tasks, milestones, timelines, interdependencies and contingencies. Track and report progress. Keep stakeholders apprised of project status and implications for completion.
Provide technical support to data analytics functions as they relate to varied business units, and technical expertise on the selection, development and implementation of various reporting and BI tools tied to business unit reporting requirements. Create new BI reports and interactive dashboards as required.
Prepare clear, well-organized project-specific documentation, including, at a minimum, analytic methods used, key decision points and caveats, with sufficient detail to support comprehension and replication.
Ensure customers are adequately trained to use self-service BI tools and dashboards.
Assist and teach others within the organization on how to a) define meaningful process and performance measures, b) develop BI queries, and c) generate and use management reports effectively.
Share development and process knowledge with other analysts in order to assure redundancy and continuously build a core of analytical strength within the organization.
Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study; Masters degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of analytics development experience for a health plan or managed care organization including either:
- Experience working in health plan actuarial, financial reporting or medical economics departments.
- Experience working in healthcare provider analytics related to revenue modeling, managed care contracting, population management, case management, clinical or financial decision support,
- General understanding of ETL tools like SSIS.
- Strong working knowledge of Business Intelligence products such as SAP/Business Objects, SAS, or MicroStrategy.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations based on statistical inferences.
- Strong data mining skills using tools like SQL, R, SAS, MapReduce, Aster, etc
- Advanced analytical, financial and technical skills needed to perform complex analysis and data modeling using sophisticated report writing and data management tools.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking and logical reasoning, and understand the conceptual framework and database relationships underlying managed care reporting.
- Ability to think creatively; demonstrated excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and writing skills characterized by the ability to communicate effectively with varying audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate goals, plan and implement processes to achieve those goals, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal (e.g., mediating, mentoring, teaching) skills required to service internal and external clients effectively, and manage relationships and activities that are diverse and complex.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this position, please respond by completing an online application by going to our
Affinity Career Center
and clicking on “Register”. We are an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer. Only qualified applicants will receive a response.
No agency responses, please.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.