The Data Quality Analyst is responsible for ensuring the quality, timeliness and integrity of all NPD products. In addition, the Data Quality Analyst establishes and implements processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. He/she will also work directly with the practice to address quality concerns, communicate quality decisions and conduct validation exercises
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency and utilizes resources efficiently.
- Evaluating and approving data for validity and impact on deliverables.
- Responding to internal data inquiries.
- Compiling and analyzing data reports.
- Making recommendations on standards for reports and analysis that will either improve quality or decrease timing.
- Demonstrating skills to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of training materials, and process documentation.
- Providing guidance in the planning and launching of critical products for the practice.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Taking responsibility for personal development by seeking training, on-the-job experiences and input from manager. .
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of search engines and business research tools.
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Understanding of data collection methodologies. Understanding of data analysis and interpretation.
- Possess the investigative mindset or techniques of consumer market trends and habits.
- Have a strong sense of commitment to the execution of deadline-driven tasks. Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi task.
- Embraces teamwork & possesses ability to effectively work cross functionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Access, Word, PowerPoint) with excellent expertise in Excel including Pivot Tables, Importing/Exporting, Formulas, etc.
- Experience in data processing environment or retailer/industry knowledge a plus, but not required.
Discipline The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a “can-do” perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world’s leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.