This position will serve as a Data Analyst in the IDR responsible for 1) Working with UF researchers to identify data needs for their study; 2) Running data query software (including Integrating Biology & the Bedside (i2b2). 3) Extracting, transforming, and reporting data from the Clinical Data Warehouse to the researcher.
QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
This position will be responsible for selecting and applying appropriate analytical methods to answer questions and test hypotheses as specified by clinical researchers, administrators and clinicians. This position will require expertise in database design, data ontology practice and statistical analyses. The position will interact with a range of experts in database modeling, machine learning, event simulation, and other advanced analytic processes.
The IDR provides secure, consistent, and reliable data for UF researchers. The person in this position must uphold and defend the highest standards of data quality.
- Creates and executes the organizations' strategy for improving and maintaining research data quality.
- With the IDR team, defines and establishes data quality definitions and rules consistent with unit and organizational priorities.
- Supports a consistent ontology.
- Defines data quality metrics and establishes processes to measure and monitor them continuously.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards.
- Manage communications related to data quality both good and bad.
- Works with IDR team and IT partners to prevent and remediate identified quality issues using both manual and automated solutions.
RESEARCH DATA REQUEST MANAGEMENT
A primary role for this position is to prioritize and coordinate multiple research projects often under tight deadlines. Specifically, this position will:
- Set strategies and priorities for responding to research data requests
- Manages queue of incoming research data requests
- Set policies to limit collection of unnecessary data
- Develops and recommends strategies to serve growing research demand for data sets, data analysis, data queries, reports, and business intelligence across UF Health
- In accordance with data governance plan, set priorities and strategies for incorporating new sources of data into the Integrated Data Repository based on demand from UF researchers.
PROGRAMMING AND DATA MANAGEMENT:
Using R, SAS, Python, Tableau, and/or other database/analytical software platforms at an expert level of proficiency to manipulate and analyze data. Expertise in (no)SQL programming will be necessary to design and develop databases to be used for data collection activities. Additional expertise in custom software and databases will be important for successful completion of analyses.
WRITING REPORTS OF ANALYSES
Using software tools for business intelligence and analytics (e.g. SAP product stack), word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and organizational analyses (e.g. Microsoft Office products), provides reports of analyses to decision makers. Will also be responsible for developing reporting mechanisms via dashboards.
Up to $80,000 annually; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, statistics, information systems, or related field and four years of relevant experience.
Must demonstrate experience with database design, reporting tools, and project management and familiarity with health care information system industry.
Must demonstrate experience with EMRs (such as Epic), systems, and data design.
• In-depth knowledge of SQL
• Experience with data integration and business intelligence software (SAP product stack)
• Experience with general statistical software (e.g. SAS, R)
• Experience with machine learning frameworks (R, Python, Weka, RapidMiner, etc)
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills
• Knowledge of basic principles of clinical research.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
• Ability to work effectively and independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a résumé, cover letter and at least 3 references.
This position is time-limited.
Health Assessment Required:
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.