Location: Henderson, Nevada
Barrick Gold Corporation is the world’s largest gold producer in terms production and reserves. The company has a portfolio of long-life, low-cost mines and operations in Dominican Republic, Chile, Argentina, Canada and the United States. Our Core 5 mines in the Americas, other operating properties and development projects position Barrick to prosper in the years ahead. Barrick’s vision is the generation of wealth through responsible mining—wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Barrick’s Vision & Values reflect a culture where people are empowered to make decisions and accomplish their goals on a daily basis.
Barrick Gold Corporation is currently looking for a Data Lead to work in the IMT Group.
The Data Lead position is designated to provide strategic, technical and operational leadership for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform related initiatives. Incumbents must possess advanced technical knowledge of Big Data, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools, technologies and platforms; essentially to oversee all aspects of enterprise content and data governance in the development and use of our data systems.
This role will have extensive experience in running and managing services related to
analytics and data governance disciplines. The individual in this role is expected to possess global experience and have the ability to motivate and provide guidance to technical resources, external consultants and business stakeholders.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Develops in-depth subject-matter-expertise in understanding key strategic data sources and data lineage within the organization and effectively leverages knowledge to derive meaningful data analytics results.
- Collaborates with business and technology stakeholders across the firm to stay abreast of changes to the data architecture and source new data for use
- Effectively uses knowledge of statistics and data sciences to drive a scientific approach to analytics
- Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills
- Represent and Influence Barrick's interests with select vendors and technology partners
- Chair the data governance consisting of data owners and data stewards across key designated company data subjects
- Align data consistency to business end-to-end processes
- Review of solution architectures against compliance with both existing and emerging Data standards
- Master's degree in an analytical field such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Accounting, or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years analytics, application or reporting development experience with exposure to analytics tools such as SAS, Enterprise Miner, SSPS, Minitab, R, SQL, Business Objects, OBIEE, Qlikview, Tableau, or Spotfire as well as experience with Unix and/or Perl shell scripting to develop client analytics solutions
- Experience working with large and diverse RDBMS OLTP or OLAP data stores, such as Teradata or Oracle preferred
- Exposure to Big Data initiatives such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig, Cloudera, or large data warehousing initiatives a plus.
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple / concurrent projects
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.