Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for
students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections
Academy has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools. In the 2015-16 school year, Connections Academy supports
30 virtual public schools in 26 states – serving more than 60,000 students. Connections Education delivers blended (online and on-site) learning in select states via
schools, while students worldwide seeking a private online school can attend
International Connections Academy.
Learning by Pearson division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning
programs. Connections Learning by Pearson delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K–12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and private and public online schools.
Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a 2015 “Top Workplace” by the
Baltimore Sun for third consecutive year. Regularly recognized
for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company,
Position Summary :
Working remotely, or from our office in Columbia, MD, the Data Integration Analyst I will work with school staff, the technology team
and partners to accurately report student and staff data on state and federal Department of Education reports, and supply data to other Connections Education departments. This person will have specific responsibilities for major projects within the department
as well as regular student and staff reporting tasks – including the data needed to support state reporting and customer invoicing in multiple states. This individual will also prepare ad hoc reports requested by external audiences often requiring a short
turnaround. The ideal candidate will have experience with school reporting requirements and have expertise in data manipulation, report creation and importing and exporting between applications.
- Provide data to support the academic and financial operations of the school; Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) student data
from school data system to state reporting systems.
- Interpret technical file specifications, export and import data to fulfill requirements, and document steps for replication
and audit preparation.
- Plan and organize target date/deadline timelines and tracking systems for all required reports and ensure timely submission
of all reports.
- Assist with developing procedures and oversee implementation of procedures for reporting to external audiences including
state agencies, funding sources, school boards, partner organizations, etc.
- Manage data sets with student, staff, and course information.
Work with school personnel, partners and district liaisons to monitor and track data for inconsistencies, research discovered inconsistencies, develop a plan for correction and future prevention.
- Maintain departmental process and procedure documentation.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Reports to accommodate state reporting and corporate requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Education, Social Science, Research, or related field
- Advanced Excel user
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Experience working with large data sets from different sources
- Comfortable with technology and experience quickly learning new technologies
- Ability to interpret technical file specification documents to produce error-free import files
- Experience establishing procedures for data management and quality control
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Practical understanding of how relational databases work
- Experience with SQL Server Reports, SSRS, SPSS, Business Objects Crystal Reports, Cognos or similar and knowledge of VBA
or XML a plus
- Experience in K-12 education and/or State educational reporting a plus
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.