DataXu’s vision is to make marketing better using data science. The world’s top brands and agencies partner with DataXu to better understand and engage their customers across all available media formats, devices, channels, and buying modes. Our advertising solution, ranked #1 in the industry by Forrester Research in 2015, provides marketers with unparalleled Media Activation, Marketing Analytics and Data Management capabilities.
DataXu’s Advanced Analytics Group addresses client business needs using data driven analytics. Our problems are exciting and challenging as they involve the analysis of big data to glean insights that define the next product roadmap. The successful candidate will be a full stack data engineer who enjoys diving into messy data and finding actionable insights from it and quickly build prototypes that can be developed into analytical products. We are looking for curious, passionate data engineers who can be on top of the latest technologies, like Apache Spark, and exhibits a desire for constant learning.
- Distill petabyte scale data to build predictive and statistical models that inform clients’ business questions
- Collaborate with engineering, product and account teams to help drive projects to successful completion
- Translate across various data sources to build data pipelines that support data science projects
- Programming Languages: Python, Scala
- Big Data Technologies: Apache Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce, SQL/Hive, AWS, Hive, Presto etc.
- Working knowledge of databases, data warehousing techniques.
- Intermediate probability & statistics and basic machine learning
- Comfortable presenting insights from quantitative models to a non-technical audience
- MS/PhD in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or other quantitative fields.
- Shell scripting in a *nix environment
- Familiarity with source control and release tools, such as Git
- Experience with data visualization libraries like d3, plotly, bokeh etc
- Familiarity of concepts around optimization, algorithmic complexity etc.
Life at DataXu is truly unique. From Day 1, through an industry leading employee integration program, we work hard to ensure that our new XuKeepers (DataXu – get it?) understand our values and what behaviors contribute to a successful career here at DataXu.
Here’s what we are all about:
We’re totally obsessed with our customers, our product, our people and innovation—all of which tie right in with our corporate values. We Collaborate across all teams and global offices. Our customers Trust us because we put transparency and their needs first. Innovation is part of everything that we do. Excellence is our standard mode of operation. And of course, Customer Obsession. We wouldn’t be here without our customers! So, interested in working here yet? Visit DataXu.com ( http://www.dataxu.com ) to learn more!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.