BMW of North America LLC
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Mountain View, California.
The Data Engineer is responsible for managing large scale data sets, data collection requirements, data processing, and data storage, in collaboration with partner organizations within BMW and external partners. This position will be responsive to both Software Engineers developing algorithms on the data, as well as Vehicle Fleet Managers coordinating the deployment of autonomous development vehicles. The Data Engineer is principally responsible for data availability and data quality.
- Collaborate with algorithm designers to specify required data sets.
- Request specific data sets (driving scenarios) by adding requests to recording plan.
- Collaborate with machine learning algorithm designers to specify requirements on data labeling tools.
- Specify labeling requirements (automatic, manual, categories for labeling).
- Coordinate labeling process with both internal and external collaborators.
- Clean data, remove unusable traces, correct/remove errors.
- Post process data (eg: extract information from vehicle bus data).
- Annotate data to make it searchable in database.
- Responsible for quality of available data and maintenance of groundtruth.
Because of the international development process, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and effectively in a team environment and must have excellent communication skills and an attention to detail.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2 to 3 years experience in machine learning.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.