Snagajob, America’s #1 spot for hourly work, is the only company solely committed to providing recruitment and hiring solutions to the hourly industry. With over 65 million registered job seekers and a leading hourly-focused talent management system, Snagajob has been serving hourly workers and those who employ them since 2000.
With offices in Richmond, VA, and Arlington, VA, Snagajob has been named to Fortune Magazine’s Great Place to Work® list for each of the past eight years.
Are you an experienced Database Engineer with personal drive and passion for cutting edge database development? Snagajob’s Database Team is growing, and we’re looking for someone to join us. We’re working hard to help our 65 million registered workers find their right-fit position, and the Database Team is a key enabler to keep the system humming for millions of daily users.
What We'll Expect:
What we believe:
- We believe that what we do is a craft and that making great software is a collaboration of art and science.
- We believe that business goals are met most efficiently when they are aligned with top flight technical execution.
- We believe in continually examining our practices in architecture, testing, development, deployment and support.
- We believe in a strong culture where working hard and having fun go hand in hand.
- We always keep our systems running no matter whether it’s on-hours or off-hours.
If you agree, then we want to hear from you!
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years doing database development (we are using python / go / java-script)
- 2+ years working on Big Data platforms (we are using Hadoop (Cloudera), Vertica, Snowflake, EMR)
- 2+ years working with high performance NoSQL OLTP databases (we prefer MongoDB)
- 2+ years working with relational systems – yeah, this is still a must have (we are using RDS (Aurora / postgres) and MS SQL Server)
- Cloud computing is a big plus
- Willingness to collaborate, explore and share
- Desire to build inspiring data centric experiences that thrill our users
- Commitment to remaining curious, open and active in your pursuit of the best practices
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What you get to do:
- Work on cutting edge 100 % cloud based database systems (PaaS solutions like Snowflake & RDS, on-prem solutions like MongoDB / Hadoop / Vertica / MS SQL Server running on IaaS)
- Collaborate with top notch MongoDB talent (we are running the Richmond & DC MongoDB user groups , we have a MongoDB Master on staff and we have the most sophisticated MongoDB platform in the area)
- High performance Big Data environment processing 100 million events per day
- Share ownership of an app portfolio with a highly collaborative development team that includes dedicated API and QA resources
- Explore new technologies and frameworks to drive our architecture and processes forward
- Use Agile development practices to focus on engineering craftsmanship, quality and best practices
- Teach, mentor and learn with the team (check out the Snagajob Engineering Blog )
What You Can Expect From Snagajob:
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 18 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, eligibility for performance-based bonuses, and casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.