The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a driven Data Engineer to help build out a new analytics function. You will be responsible for drawing together data sources from across the company, including engineering/production, sales, marketing, channel, operations, support and finance into a central database. As part of the role, you will work closely with the strategy team, which is gathering business requirements and conducting analysis. You will also be responsible for selecting the optimal reporting approach, and gathering data in the near-term that can drive key decisions and business value.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience building a data warehouse and reporting, high attention to detail and a rigorous approach, a drive for speed and early results, and be business impact-driven and pragmatic. In this role you will have a chance to utilize, and learn, a variety of different technologies including Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java and others.
Each day is truly unlike the one before and your penchant for being part of a small team that is building out a new business area, working with an incredibly data-driven management team, and ultimately helping drive strategy for a business that is leading an immense cloud-managed trend in the networking industry are the tools you’ll need to be a Meraki Data Engineer.
- Build data pipelines across our production & business data
- Validate data quality
- Select best reporting approach
- Incrementally build data warehouse
- Work closely with the strategy team to understand analytics priorities
- Build some dashboards & reports
- Have 2+ years of experience building data warehouses, data pipelines, and reporting
- Rigorous analytical mind and high attention to detail
- Unparalleled drive for speed and early results in an area of immense opportunity
- Pragmatic and business-impact driven
- Understanding of networking and cloud technologies (ideal)
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.