Who we want
Innovative and practical: Are you both?
Do your original insights into data infrastructures put you at the forefront of the big data world?
Can you see big-picture solutions, as well as the detailed steps it takes to get there? Are you logical and systematic, yet creative when you approach data collection and problem-solving? When you analyze data, do you easily uncover stories that lead to applied solutions? Do you strive for perfection down to the last detail as you develop, test, QA and document your work?
If so, we need you to build our data infrastructure that will help drive the world’s most important work on positive human development.
Gallup is looking for a data engineer to help us build an effective data infrastructure that connects millions of people to our groundbreaking developmental tools. Ideal candidates are creative and analytical, with a knack for uncovering data insights that advance our marketing practices.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or a related degree
- Five+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (linear algebra, calculus)
- Advanced knowledge of data management tools, including SQL/DBMS, MongoDB and big data platforms is a plus
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, R, C#, etc.
- Experience linking multiple data platforms (social media, open, etc.)
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal relationship skills
What you’ll do
- Partner with Data Scientists and Engineers to build an infrastructure to collect and analyze all data necessary to optimize our marketing and advertising, lead generation and event management, in order to improve engagement, retention and lifetime value of Gallup customers and strengths coaches (infrastructures include websites, mobile applications and API partners)
- Work with Data Scientists to carry out site-wide analytics and build A/B test experiments for hypothesis testing
- Work with Gallup’s unique, proprietary data sets
- Analyze large amounts of data and help derive insights and value from them
- Apply your knowledge of Google Analytics, mobile analytics, social media analytics, email analytics, event marketing analytics, cohort analysis (mixpanel or GA) and business intelligence dashboards (Domo)
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
United States-Washington DC
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.