- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to support analytics (requirements gathering, data cleaning, transformation, modeling)
- Develop cross-platform ETL processes
- Integrate data from multiple data sources including EMR, health care administrative data, IOT data, clinical trial data, BI, customer service data
- Implement systems for ensuring data quality and consistency
- Develop dashboard to facilitate BI and clinical analytics (using tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other quantitative field; advanced degree is a plus
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Seasoned data engineer with experience in data integration from multiple sources (through SQL, nonSQL, REST API)
- Use of ETL development, methodology and tools
- Extensive experience using SQL
- Strong background in software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc. – Git experience a plus
- Strong coding skills. (Python, Scala, Java or other Object Oriented Programming languages). Has written code that brings in data from different types of data sources and performs ETL
- Experience with analytical tools supporting data analysis and reporting (MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc)
- Able to explain complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
- Experience with the design and building of dimensional data models and schema a plus
- Prior experience with distributed analytic processing technologies and AWS Platform knowledge a plus
- Able to build batch data pipelines with Hadoop/Spark as well as with relational database engines a plus
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology a plus
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with small, cross-functional teams
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ready for the ride of your life? We’re looking forward to receiving your resume!
We provide our employees with a great benefits package, which includes: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, paid time off (PTO)—including your birthday off, employee stock options, a bright & awesomely designed physical work space, a complimentary wearable device (i.e. Fitbit), fitness centers, and, of course free snacks & beverages.
About Us: Proteus has received FDA market clearance in the U.S. and a CE mark in Europe for its wearable and ingestible sensor devices. Headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., Proteus is privately held and funded by Carlyle, Essex Woodlands, Kaiser Permanente, Medtronic, Novartis, Otsuka, Oracle, ON Semiconductor, and other investors.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.