is looking for people who share our passion for health and are committed to making a difference for our clients. We are a growing company and are always looking for candidates to join our fun, health-focused, high performing team. We’re making things happen every day.
We’re passionate about our work, proud to be the nation’s largest provider of employer-sponsored wellness programs, and ready to hit the ground running.
We are recruiting for a full-time Data Engineer located in our Schaumburg, IL office, who is energetic with strong logic and problem solving skills, and will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment. As a Data Engineer for Interactive Health, you’ll join our nationwide network of enthusiastic professionals who collaborate with the best minds in the industry. If you’re one of the best – come join our FUN!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are seeking to fill the role of Data Engineer within the Data Science Department. This position will extend the reach, capacity, and impact of data science at Interactive Health. The position will be considered a focal for technical development and inquiries within the analytics space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaboration with data science and IT personnel and on priority initiatives
- Ownership and management of all data science database objects (tables, views, procedures)
- Maintain deep understanding of organizational data to provide guidance as needed.
- Advising or assisting other departments as dictated by need/availability
This is a highly dynamic and complex role. The individual selected will exhibit strong technical skills and comfort with business level discussion. Technical oversight will be limited, and the role will require sound judgement around privacy, process, and methodology. In return, the selected individual will have an opportunity to directly contribute to strategy and solution offerings provided by Interactive Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Extremely high proficiency with MS SQL Server environment (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Define, develop, revise, and maintain complex queries
- Understanding of system and database architecture
- Data I/O process experience (various sources: flat files, external DB, Tableau/R integration, Cognos, SSRS)
- Knowledge of advanced TSQL techniques (dynamic variables, functions, etc.).
- Understanding of transactions and ability to minimize resource needs and production process impact
- Comfortable handling large dataset and understanding of technical limits
- Query optimization
- General exposure to statistical concepts and methodologies
- Basic understanding of object oriented & script based programming methods: R, Python, Java (preferred)
- PostgreSQL experience (preferred)
- Ability to translate business request into technical requirements
- Interest in ongoing training and development
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Capability and willingness to accept tasks outside of current core competencies
- Clear communication with regard to expected deliverable and timing
- Ability to manage priorities with limited guidance
- Ability to handle dynamic requirements and to develop with expectation of change
- High comfort with multi-disciplinary collaboration
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (strong quantitative focus) with one to three years of technical experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.