job description: Data engineer
BSSP is looking for someone who is relentlessly curious, passionate about data, able to gather and process raw data, and detail oriented.
We need someone who will be responsible for data collection and data architecture of varied data sets, which will contribute to the creation of our data management system. The core role of the engineer will be to support in the collection and normalizatio n of these various data sets.
A successful candidate will use their technical skills for regular development work in our data management system and also be responsible for monitoring data hygiene, pulling in new data feeds, and identifying opportunities to integrate systems. The data engineer will comfortable in learning new skills in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Programming in and further development of our proprietary data management system
- Explore addition data sets and tools to enhance our ability to find new insights
- Identify new data facilitation and storage tools that will create efficiencies in process
- Maintain data integrity of system including S3 cold storage in Amazon Web Service
- Implementing ETL process
- Monit oring performance and advising of any necessary infrastructure changes
- Integrate algorithms into our DMP and DSPs
- Advanced degree in statistics / advanced math / econometrics preferred
- Experience manipulating messy data and merging multip le and large complicated data sets
- 3-5 years programming experience in Python (pandas preferred), 2+ years Java, and 5+ years Linux command line
- Experience building predictive and descriptive models
- A strong ability to efficiently and accurately manage and maintain large data sets.
- Strong Knowledge of database tools such as SQL/MySQL, OLAP, and MDX.
- Knowledge of non-relational / ‘big data’ techniques: MapReduce, Hive / Hadoop, Hbase
- Knowledge of statistics packages is also preferred: SPSS, Stata, R, or SAS
- Understanding of SARIMA models and advanced analytics techniques
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Basic understanding of digital media and/or web analytics tools preferred (DCM, GA, Omniture, Atlas, etc)
- A curious and creative mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to deliver quickly and accurately
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.