This position is in our Specialty markets division, munich reinsurance america, inc., Princeton, nj
Work closely with analytics, underwriting, actuarial, IT, operations and claims. The data engineer will provide data and business analytics support. Apply solid business knowledge as it relates to the extraction, interpretation, and preparation of both quantitative and qualitative data as well as the creation and maintenance of actuarial and analytics databases, process automation and developing end-user tools to support data-driven decision making
- Responsible for data extraction, cleaning and manipulation of various data types. Involves using readily available data but also requires creativity to determine what available data sources may be readily available.
- Develop new and automate existing data processes used in actuarial and analytics projects.
- Work with databases containing data from multiple sources, at various granular levels, to deliver data for use in analytics and visualization projects.
- Under general guidance and working with IT and other stakeholders, utilize solid knowledge of the appropriate business area to conduct data quality checks to determine what, if any, limitations to internal and external data sources may exist.
- Assist to develop data dashboard with visualization capabilities.
- Work with business and IT to define the demands on the infrastructure of the MR Data Lakes on the basis of Hadoop, SAP HANA and SAS on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of sound experience with data modeling, data intake and data-curation procedures as well as outstanding SQL skills, incl. advanced concepts such as distributed queries and spatial queries.
- Good technical knowledge of Hadoop Stack (Hive, Spark etc.) or SAP HANA Stack (HANA Text Engine, HANA Spatial etc.)
- Some practical knowledge of modern web-based procedures for data visualization e.g. d3,js
- Ability to think and work in a Group-wide network, strongly service orientated, team player and highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workload demands, including mulit-tasking.
- Experience in results monitoring and rate/product development.
- 2+ years of hands-on SAS or R experience is highly preferred.
- Insurance/reinsurance/actuarial experience preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry (especially property and casualty) is preferred but not necessary
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
You can apply by post or online application form .
To apply for this position, please use the link above or visit the Careers section of www.munichreamerica.com for the full listing of job opportunities at Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.