Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
Cars.com is seeking a Data Developer for the Data Integration team. The Data Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting various product development efforts, as well as data ingestion, data extraction, business intelligence (BI) and big data solutions. This role utilizes a strong understanding of data integration concepts, processes and methodologies, and integrating traditional data warehouse systems with big data environments.
- Under minimal supervision, define, design, develop, unit test, and support new or existing ETL solutions to meet business requirements.
- Assist in the creation, delivery and organization of sessions, monitoring load times and re-arranging processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the loading processes.
- Deliver increased productivity and effectiveness through rapid delivery of high-quality applications
- Provide work estimates and communicate status of assignments.
- Provide operational production support and be flexible to manage high severity incidents/problem resolution during off business hours.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving data integration issues such as data quality.
- Solid understanding data architecture, structures and principles with the ability to critique data and system designs.
- Expertise in SQL programming, relational databases, data modeling and data retrieval methodologies
- Ability to design, create and/or modify data processes that meet key timelines while conforming to predefined specifications utilizing the IBM DataStage platform.
- Understanding of big data technologies and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive). Experience with NoSQL technologies (preferably Couchbase).
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and very keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical soft skills including: active listening and verbal communication skills, flexible and adaptable attitude, adaptable to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines, ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including other teams.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a technology organization, including a minimum of 1 year of experience in an analytical or big data development role/
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following databases/technologies:
Teradata or Oracle RDMS
NoSQL Solution (preferably Couchbase)
- Programming experience in Java or Python strongly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.