- Serves as the primary point of contact for all development tasks.
- Provides thought leadership on business intelligence and data warehouse design concepts and leading practices.
- Responsible for technical architecture creation, product selection tasks, overall technical strategy for the project, and design of the system infrastructure.
· Translate client user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan. · Ability to solve complex technical problems, assimilate information rapidly, and work under time constraints. · Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional and high-level technical design specifications. · Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional and high-level technical design specifications.
- Reviews and updates and data model as required.
- Designs, develops, documents, and deploys solutions to populate the Data Warehouse from source to target.
- Participates in Weekly, Monthly, and other technical meetings to provide status or input as needed.
- Manages development team in executing PMO prioritized change requests through implementation: including identifying the level of effort, estimated timelines, constraints, etc.
- Assigns PMO priorities to development team.
- Conducts code walkthroughs on a periodic basis
- Performs requirements analysis and design.
- Facilitate deployment activities.
- Plans and leads the requirement clarification and design meetings.
- Provides technical guidance and mentors members of the development team.
- Collaborates with software vendors to provide optimal support to the project.
- Provides development support (coding) as needed to meet project deadlines .
Position-Specific Experience (Must have 3 of the following 6 elements)
- Experience providing change management and/or program management office (PMO) guidance for DATA Act, FFATA, or other large government initiative (preferably involving large-scale data collection and/or reporting).
- Experience providing technology-related guidance for DATA Act, FFATA or other large government initiative (preferably involving large-scale data collection and/or reporting).
- Understanding of Federal financial systems and/or financial terminology (e.g., USSGL)
- Government data management and analysis experience (developing data dictionaries, manipulating large datasets)
- Experience converting complex, technical data-heavy documents/presentations into simplified layman’s versions
- Understanding of unique issues pertaining to design and development of enterprise architecture and technology solutions for government clients.
This position will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting on all work within the Software Development area at the project, task and staff level. Assist in the efficient assignment and organization of work, scheduling and planning projects ad hoc requests and issues. Ensure timely upward and downward status reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT consulting with at least 6 years in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Experienced practitioner in implementing mid- to large-scale ETL solutions, performing data analysis and profiling, interacting with client management, leading ETL teams, and designing and architecting DW ETL solutions.
- INFORMATICA: At least 3 years’ experience in Informatica version 8.x or higher design and development is a must. Informatica certifications desirable.
- ORACLE: Experience in database performance optimization techniques, multidimensional database designs, and physical database implementations.
- In-depth knowledge of BI best practices and data modeling techniques a must. Capable of writing sophisticated queries and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- BUSINESS OBJECTS: Strong background in BO 6.5 and XI. Experience installing and configuring BO, as well as designing and developing Universes and reports.
- Experience with AT LEAST ONE OTHER BI OR ETL TOOL (see Desired Elements).
- ERWIN or POWERDESIGNER: Experience using one or both data modeling tools from logical design through physical implementation and generation of data definition language (DDL).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- QA/Testing: expert knowledge of quality processes, ability to recommend and implement improvements to existing quality assurance processes
- Ability to interact with client personnel and develop positive working relationships
- ETL Tools: Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio, or DTS.
- Oracle 11g, DBMS: DB2, SQL Server 2000 or 2005
- BI Tools: COGNOS, MicroStrategy, Hyperion
- Certification in one or more of the above technologies
· A minimum of 5 years experience architecting large scale data warehouses using Oracle · Proficient data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts) · Strong RDBMS knowledge of Oracle (release 10g/11g) · Implementation experience with ETL concepts and tools such as: Informatica, DataStage, and BO Integrator · Implementation experience with one or more of the following BI/Enterprise Reporting tools: Oracle Discoverer, Business Objects, Cognos, Brio, and Microstrategy · Functional knowledge of Java and J2EE integration technologies
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.