The Data Architect is
responsible for executing the enterprise data strategy,
enforcing data governance, design of data models, and reporting framework and
tools enablement. They are also accountable for the standards and ongoing
health of the data/information architecture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Data/Information Architecture solution data
components, high level baseline and targets
- Document the data architecture as-is and ensure the
to-be architecture meets the needs of all the functional business areas
- Determine the effectiveness of data architecture design,
create necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as
- Participate in the data governance framework including
processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of data to assure
accuracy and validity
- Work with IT and the business to ensure consistency in
data definitions and data usage across systems and tools
- Act as the point of contact for definition of data
requirements, structure and taxonomies
- Support in-solution development by leveraging
infrastructure architecture standards, practices, assets and frameworks
- Manage and direct the activities of up to two direct
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in data architecture design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required/
Advanced degree strongly preferred
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent
to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop,
reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a
team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and
timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of
sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
through organizational dynamics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues
and products – strong analytics skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of
- Knowledge of data models, data governance frameworks and
data reporting tools
- Deep understanding of the data and information
architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience with data and application design
- Strong technical understanding of data integration
standards, frameworks and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory
with practical solutions
- Robust skills in developing understanding business needs
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers, supervisors and management.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain Professional appearance and demeanor at all
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all
job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
[LEN] Lennar Parent Corporate
Oct 25, 2016, 11:00:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.