Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Architect 2 is an entry level role in Central Division's Business Analytics Organization. Looking for motivated team player willing take on new challenges and seek creative solutions to provide data for analysis. This role will be responsible for building ETL packages & stored procedures to move data from multiple source systems into a centralized data warehouse and will also play a critical role in Central Division's migration from SQL Server to Teradata.
Responsible for managing, gathering, and processing information related to everything from solution architecture, data architecture, BSS/OSS architecture, and identity management. Contributes to solution
engineering, project coordination, business requirements analysis, requirement specification, and project documentation. Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Contributes to every phase of the project life cycle from intake through delivery. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Performs analysis of overall information management systems. Assists in analysis of specific system elements, such as system software, components transactions, integration architecture, data modeling, and processes, with recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Maintains a comprehensive view of current information assets, program/project architecture, and future information needs while delivering data effectively and efficiently across projects and programs.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements (e.g. architectural functional requirements).
- Gathers information for planning and design of new or upgraded systems.
- Aids the evolution of enterprise product and system roadmaps.
- Collaborates with departments to implement improvements in processes and with cross-organizational teams to determine Business Support System/Operations Support System support for business requirements.
- Promotes the effective use of the information management systems throughout the Company.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-2 years writing SQL queries
- 1-2 years' experience with an ETL tool (preferably Informatica or SSIS)
- Experience writing stored procedures
- Understanding of data modeling and data warehouse concepts
- Experience with Teradata or SQL Server is preferred
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.