Job Post – 50981476
Employment Type Reference Code
Regular Full-time 0002-NC50981476_002
New York, NY 60 Madison Ave – MMFG
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Ranked No. 76 in the annual FORTUNE® 500 ranking (FORTUNE® Magazine, 6/15/16), MassMutual continues its long
history of financial strength. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions
of Americans achieve their financial goals. We continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive
workplace! MassMutual is one of DiversityInc’s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company
for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a
place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame.
MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the
CEI Best Places to Work List (2016). In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by
the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly. For more information, visit
www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. (Include disclaimer
below if description is accompanied by the corporate logo) MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives.
MMUS- Direct to Consumer- Retiree Middle Market
The Retiree Middle Market (RMM) team is an exciting team whose mission is to bring much needed insurance to previously
under-served consumers. RMM is looking to hire a highly technical and analytical data warehousing professional to join its
team, based out of New York City.
** This role can be filled either in NYC Metro Area or Springfield area, or potentially even WFH with a combination of frequent
travel to either/both locations.
• Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units
• Works independently and with management on high visible, divisional/cross-divisional complex projects
• Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
• Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate
• Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
• Individual typically has at least 8+ yrs of related experience
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
• 10+ years’ technical hands-on data warehousing/data mart development experience
• 7+ years’ hands-on experience with relational databases
• 4 year College degree
• Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa sponsorship
• Life insurance domain knowledge
• Call center domain knowledge
• Tableau experience
• HP Vertica experience
• Expert level experience with SQL and writing complex stored procedures/scripts
• Expert in data warehousing principles utilizing fact and dimension tables, star and snowflake schema data modeling,
and data normalization
• Must be able to strategize enhancements to the data warehouse (and data model) as new data is added without
adversely impacting the current state
• Experience in designing and implementing business intelligence (BI) systems with an eye on enriching data with
relevant and/or advanced metrics and KPIs
• Has to be a self-starter, highly motivated, and will work under minimal supervision
• Will be the RMM team’s go-to authority for all data-related items
• Extensive experience in dimensional data modeling
• Ability to devise and implement tactical and strategic technical solutions to complex business problems
• Superior communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
• Ability to collaborate on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience dealing and communicating with vendors (external and internal) from a data perspective
• Extensive experience with data analysis
• Experience with Linux (particularly in vi and bash scripting)
• Experience with ETL tools
• Adheres to and practices the Kimball principle and approach of delivering data marts to build a full-scale data
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws,
rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual
Orientation/Gender/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.