As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 30,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 140 countries, and annual revenue of over $6 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The Data Architect is responsible for designing and building Data Models for Marsh applications. In this role the Data Architect will design, develop and implement strategic conceptual, logical, business and application data models.
The Data Architect will also be responsible for Data Analysis, working with the IT, business and ETL teams in ensuring the quality of data.
They will be the primary advocate of data modeling methods and data.
- Design and Develop Application Data Models
- Design and Develop Reference and “Data Warehouse” Data Models
- Ensure the consistent use of Enterprise Reference Data within the application and “Data Warehouse” data models.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision. Global and divisional stake holder standards must be met while creating short term tactical solutions to reach the long-term goals mapped out over all data management.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata as well as create methods for tracking such data for quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Create data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies and other related required tasks.
- Strategize what the best practices are in relation to data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity and archiving. Ensure all strategies are in compliance with enterprise procedures and regulations.
- Act as liaison to vendors and service providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals and requirements.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals. Drive best practice in regards to data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting technologies.
- The Data Architect will oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality. Collaborate with project managers, address data related problems in regards to systems integration and compatibility, as well as act as a leader for coaching, training and providing career development to stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing key components as needed to support global application development and support initiatives.
- Documenting enterprise data architectures and environments in order to maintain a current and accurate view of global data landscape.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree.
- Ability to review and provide feedback for complex data models implemented by partners.
- Proven experience working in an outsource and offshore environment on major delivery programs.
- Knowledge of all phases of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations.
- Database Technologies: Acutate, Business Objects, MS Access, PowerMart, SQL, Trillium, Oracle, Sql Server, MySql, Teradata etc
- Others – ERWIN, SQL Designer, other data modeling tools.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.