Location: Henderson, Nevada
Barrick Gold Corporation is the world’s largest gold producer in terms production and reserves. The company has a portfolio of long-life, low-cost mines and operations in Dominican Republic, Chile, Argentina, Canada and the United States. Our Core 5 mines in the Americas, other operating properties and development projects position Barrick to prosper in the years ahead. Barrick’s vision is the generation of wealth through responsible mining—wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Barrick’s Vision & Values reflect a culture where people are empowered to make decisions and accomplish their goals on a daily basis.
Barrick Gold Corporation is currently looking for a Data Architect in its IMT Group. This role will report to Senior Director, Enterprise Systems in Toronto. The Successful candidate will possess hands-on experience with a broad variety of Enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing technologies as well as have familiarity with modern application development methodologies.
The job is to
develop a suitable portfolio of systems, platform products and documented standards for delivering Barrick IMT services. Leveraging in depth knowledge of technologies and methods, this individual will collaborate with the existing group architects, delivery teams, customers, solution partners, and suppliers to formulate the overall Barrick IMT portfolio.
To ensure an optimum and sustainable product and solution strategy, the System Architect must be able to model tradeoffs in performance, scalability, availability and cost based use cases and workloads. Additionally, this individual will be called upon to support corporate development and strategy activities through the assessment of alternative architectures and technologies.
As a key senior member reporting to the Sr Director of Enterprise Systems and Architecture, must be confident and constructive in interacting with senior executives inside and outside of the company. This role will also be a key contributor of content and presentations to support thought leadership activities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, propose, promote and champion standards, best practices and design patterns.
- Serve as expert in multiple technologies and provide recommendations to senior management in planning for the future.
- Conduct architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment and technical soundness.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior executives to assist the decisions on proposed IT investments/solutions.
- Offer expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Independently perform trade studies, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to senior executives.
- Provide infrastructure architecture assurance to projects.
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies and developmental methodologies to find faster, cost effective, and more reliable solutions for existing and proposed systems.
- Partners with infrastructure, application, and project teams to ensure that applications meet business requirements, are well documented, and have processes in place for ongoing support and maintenance.
- Drives standard and efficient applications and infrastructure design by aligning the infrastructure roadmap with the application technology strategy, hardware vendor roadmaps, and service capabilities.
- Works closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related and relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Has experience in data architecture, including conceptual and logical data modelling (ideally in Erwin), possibly with wider data management experience (including business intelligence, data analysis, data migration, data quality, data governance)
- Experience in Data warehouse is an asset.
- Familiar with the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems in large, global organizations.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.