Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
- Accountable for supporting projects by preparing data for data exploration and research modeling.
- Create visualizations of data for purposes of data discovery and data exploration
- Provide subject matter expertise to claim's business intelligence data environment
- Create and operationalize data products including transformation logic as well as business requirements and specifications.
- Serve as data expert of significant projects with broad impact to business and enterprise performance.
- Serve as a business intelligence data environment subject matter expert to support the claim research community and claim business partners
- Understanding of data warehousing, information delivery, and use of big data
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and prepares data using Hive, Pig, SQL, and SAS.
- Develops data pipelines utilizing appropriate technologies and frameworks (Java, Python, Scala, NiFi).
- Capable of building data visualizations to help support data discovery and data exploration.
- Create and operationalize data products. Incorporate core data management competencies – data governance, data security, data quality.
- Builds, tests, and implements analytic processes into the business workstream, including pilots and proof of concept.
- Provide subject matter expertise to claim's business intelligence data environment.
Bachelors degree in MIS, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or the equivalent education or 2 years experience in information delivery or related field required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
2+ years working with programming languages specific to function supported preferred.
2+ years working with analytic tools/models preferred.
2+ years working with Business Intelligence preferred.
Working knowledge of Information Delivery practices and processes.
Working Knowledge: Understands basic principles and terminology in order to understand and solve simple problems.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Experience with Hortonworks Hadoop stack (e.g., HDFS, NiFi, Hive, Pig, Hadoop streaming, Map Reduce, Ambari, etc.).
Programming skills in Java/Java EE, Scala, and/or Python.
Linux/Unix scripting experience.
Experience designing and developing data pipelines.
A solid understanding of emerging technology capabilities, and a keen interest in staying abreast of emerging technology trends and open source projects and tools.
RESTFul service design and development preferred.
Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to influence others.
Intermediate project management skills.
Working understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
Requires extended periods of computer use.
Requires extended periods of sitting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.