The Information Technology Department of Marist College is seeking a candidate to assist in development and deployment of data analytics technologies and services for both internal and external groups and organizations. When engaged internally, the Data Analytics Specialist will work with other College offices and academic departments to assess how data analytics can be used to improve institutional effectiveness by addressing issues such as advancing student performance, increasing retention, and assisting with admissions, advancement and enrollment management. Working with external clients, the Data Analytics Specialist will support revenue generating activities providing similar services including the development of predictive models that are customized to meet specific client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy customized predictive models which positively impact on institutional effectiveness and/or client success.
- Generate new revenue resulting from engagement with external clients.
- Understand the data flow of processes, technology and campus operations to deliver data integration and analytic services.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Serves on committees as assigned by upper management.
- Provide after hours on-call support for critical issues.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics and three years of proven working experience as a data analyst. Position requires significant knowledge of databases, analytic tools, data warehousing, business intelligence techniques, strong data mining skills and developing predictive models.
Candidate should have previous experience using report generation and analytic tools such as Argos, Cognos, SPSS and Pentaho.
Ability to multi-task in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume, Cover Letter, References
Position Open Date:
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.