Responsible for the management and leadership of a range of performance analytics activities. Activities include managing analytical staff in the areas of measuring, analyzing, and reporting on healthcare processes, health outcomes, and health costs. Additionally, responsible for providing coaching and training opportunities in the areas of technical data systems and providing an advanced level of technical analytics expertise.
• Resource Management: In moderately complex organization(s) manages the efforts of direct and indirect reports, and collaborates with, provides guidance to and influences employees, clients and matrix partners. Leads and develops analytical resources to meet client needs and achieve programmatic and organizational objectives.
• Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying analytical staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives. Responsible for performance management, compensation decisions, rewarding and recognizing employees, and providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
• Provides an advanced level of technical analytical and systems expertise and serves as a coach to analytical direct reports.
• Identifies professional development opportunities for staff and manages the departmental technical and data systems knowledge base.
• Based on agreements with clients and leadership, sets overall project analytical support direction to address key objectives and client needs. Assists in the prioritization of projects that compete for limited resources, and the scheduling and sequencing of work across projects to make the best use of resources. Partners effectively with Medical Group counterparts as well as IT partners around data systems, metrics, and other collaboration opportunities.
• Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the function. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Ensures that performance is aligned with mission, goals and outcomes and is completed within established timeframes. Monitors and evaluates moderately complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience in data analysis.
• Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
• Master's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field OR Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field AND 2 years of additional directly related experience required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Prior successful experience managing or coordinating professionals in a complex organizational setting.
• Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication of technical material.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively design, develop, manage, and coordinate analytical efforts among multiple constituents.
• Excellent project management skills, including setting priorities and developing work plans assembling project teams, structuring and executing quantitative analyses, overseeing support staff, and meeting deadlines.
• Skills in analytical methods including problem and model formulation, algorithm selection, and development of overall solution strategy.
• Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work directly with senior leadership and to bring high-priority projects to successful results.
• Experience with analysis of large administrative databases and computer-intensive statistical analysis (preferably using SAS), multivariate statistical methods, general research methodology.
• Graduate degree in a business or management discipline preferred.
• Knowledge of process management/improvement, methodologies preferred.
• Health plan management knowledge preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.