Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
WTW’s Risk Consulting & Software (RCS) division advises, and provides solutions to, insurance companies globally. Our services help clients across the entire insurance value chain, including marketing, pricing, underwriting, claims management and asset management.
We respond to all our clients’ needs by offering market leading technical expertise, deep analytical skills, software solutions and strategic and risk/capital management consulting.
Building upon our existing advanced analytics and data provisions services, RCS is currently broadening its big data predictive analytics capabilities and is seeking to expand its pool of data scientists to help support its global activities and continue to thrive in the insurance analytics sector. We currently seek an advanced Data Analytics Manager for our U.S. business.
The primary responsibilities of the Data Analytics Manager will be to:
• Manage advanced analytics market opportunities and prospects in the U.S. region, either through hands-on opportunity management and development, or by supporting and assisting our local client facing associates;
• Lead and deliver advanced analytics consulting assignments in the U.S. region, utilizing our wider associate base to deliver high quality, efficient services to our insurance clients. You will act as engagement manager for advanced analytics components of assignments, facilitating “agile” methodologies and will work closely with business stakeholders, IT executives and data scientists; and
• Support the global BD leader in developing and refining the consulting frameworks and methodologies to facilitate future client projects.
Other role responsibilities will include:
• Managing more junior data analysts, including the annual review cycle as well as on-going support and management;
• Helping to drive data product innovation throughout RCS, through supporting the idea creation process and subsequent analytics projects;
• Helping to develop the analytics skills of our wider associate community through running internal presentations, managing the development of the BD intranet, proposing knowledge sharing sessions and training programs;
• Coordinating market R&D activities;
• Supporting our efforts to further develop our analytics brand in the U.S. marketplace.
• Business consulting experience, with proven client delivery track-record and robust problem solving skills;
• Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including technical stakeholders (data scientists, IT specialists), business managers and executives;
• Experience managing advanced analytics projects, aimed at extracting value from structured and unstructured data in a business context (ideally in insurance);
• Thorough understanding of the tools and techniques used in the field of data science including an awareness of when particular approaches are more appropriate than others;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Solid understanding of the insurance sector, drivers of profitability and underlying analytical approaches;
• The ability to work autonomously; and
• A willingness to work on client site, where necessary, during consulting assignments
• Experience consulting in the insurance and/or financial services sector preferred
• A good understanding of large distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Revo R (MRS) preferred
• Ability to build attractive visualisations (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI) preferred
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.