This position will be within the Data Science/Data Analytics Center of Excellence (DAC) team. You’ll be responsible for creating enhanced visualizations of complex analytics in support of strategic business efforts and will leverage cutting edge research and discovery to guide the Data Science Team in new areas of opportunity with a focus on supporting BI and Visualization.
You will utilize advanced knowledge, especially in the areas of Marketing and Finance, including expert level Visualization experience, Data Science capabilities, including research, analytics. You will use strong interpersonal and cross department relation building abilities and presentation skills. You will help expand the exploratory, innovation, and research capabilities of the team in support of the DAC.
You will create visualizations and analytics for senior leadership which will enable them to make quick evaluations of strategic projects. You will work directly with the business to develop new strategies for reducing churn, increasing gross ads, and increasing overall profitability. Your responsibilities will include not only strategy but development and implementing of Visualization solutions using the latest visualization tools and methodologies.
- Respond to changes in the competitive environment to be able to provide analytics and visualizations of those results enabling leadership to respond to the new competition.
- Maintain a close business relationship with key members of leadership to be able to know what the most critical priorities are. Research, discover, and develop Data Science based analytical and visualization to Verizon's most strategic priorities.
- Partner with the business to develop new strategies for increasing profitability. Work with Finance, Marketing, and Operations to assess new competitive threats and design analytical solutions to combat the new threats.
- Create visual representations of the solutions at a level that can be consumed by senior management.
- Create sophisticated visualizations in Tableau, ad-hoc dashboards, traditional BI analytics, and Data Science.
- Leverage statistical tools combined with visualization tools to build solutions for senior management. Enable on the fly customer segmentation through the visualization tools.
- Create quick analyses in response to executive requests.
- Provide thought leadership to Verizon's analytical community.
- Hold sessions to train and educate key business customers and technology peers in the latest visualization techniques.
- Attend key data science and industry conferences to stay on top of new developments.
- Cascade knowledge to more junior members of the teams.
- Create presentations of analytical results for senior leadership.
- Take projects results up a notch for consumption by senior leadership.
- Be a champion of expanding analytics across Verizon through educational presentations of the team's efforts.
- Work experience in IT, compliance or operations and working with data within wireless
- Extensive experience with SQL, Reporting, Analytics, Data Modeling, Data Preparation, Data Mining, Data Visualization and working with Complex Data sets
- BS Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science, IT, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Tableau. Tableau Certified is preferred
- Working knowledge of Teradata, Unix
- Experience with Hadoop preferred
- Statistical software: SAS, R,Python preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solution to resolve complex issues
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, who demonstrates leadership. Must be capable of working independently and effectively under tight time constraints while deliver high quality / accurate results.
- Working knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, and statistical analysis methods preferred
- Familiarity and experience with creating analytical data sets are preferred.
- Experience in presenting detailed analysis to non-technical staff.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work for extended hours on critical projects as required. Able to work without close supervision and can communicate and manage priorities effectively to meet deliverables
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.