Responsible for planning and performing data analytics for the function. Participates the in the development of analytical tools and solutions to the support the business line.
1. Identifies data analytics opportunities, designs, and executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department's various computer software packages within established deadlines.
2. Creates, prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
3. Analyzes and recommends business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
4. Knowledge of applications within the bank to interpret data requests and indentify data analytics opportunities.
5. Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects.
6. Plans, conducts, and supervises small, short-term projects.
7. Provides technical assistance to Division.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IS, Computer Science or a related field
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in IS, Computer Science or a related field
- Required license(s) or certification(s) ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA)
- 5- 7 years information technology experience
- 5+ Years in Technology Development & Data Analytics
Field of Experience
- Ability to solve complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data.
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, JCL)
- Audit & Inspection
- Background in Internal audit, risk management, and/or banking
- Administers continuous monitoring/auditing procedures.
- Partners with Audit teams to perform data analysis
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.
Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.