Required Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years relevant experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science.
- Experience analyzing data in a higher education setting.
- Two years project management experience.
- Advanced database and/or data warehouse knowledge; Oracle preferred.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent business analysis skills.
- Effectively manages own time and resources.
- Ability to effectively present data using data visualization and analysis tools; Tableau preferred.
About the Job
This position will be responsible for designing, managing, documenting, and maintaining an integrated data model for data used by the school(s) within the Academic Health Center at the University of Minnesota. This role will also be instrumental in facilitating data exchange between systems used by the school(s).
- Inventory and document the appropriate existing data sources and relationships to other data sources.
- Identify and facilitate the inclusion of new data sources and document accordingly.
- Conduct business analyses in an effort to become a subject matter expert for certain key data sources.
- Develop and maintain a metadata website for data source documentation.
- Implement and manage a data governance framework:
- Formally identify data owners and stewards
- Develop a request intake and approval process.
- Define a request management process.
- As requests for data are made:
- If a researcher/statistician is involved, perform queries to deliver the right data.
- Otherwise, develop analyses, visualizations and dashboards to tell the story.
- Document and provide updates to senior leaders on the process and the findings.
This position will report to the Manager of Application Development in AHC-IS but will work closely with key staff from all levels within the school(s) that we are supporting.
About the Department
The AHC Information Systems (AHC-IS) office provides desktop support, server operations, and application development services to offices and areas within the Academic Health Center at the University of Minnesota. The University of Minnesota is an institution dedicated to changing lives through research, education, and outreach.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Activities” page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
To apply for this job please visit Error.