Philabundance seeks to drive hunger from our communities today and end hunger forever. We serve approximately 90,000 people per week, a third of whom are children and 15% of whom are seniors. In 2014, Philabundance distributed approximately 30 million pounds of food through its own neighborhood distribution programs and through a network of approximately 400 member agencies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Without the generosity of thousands of area donors, none of this would be possible, and we are fortunate to have built up a loyal and steadily-growing base of donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations and other philanthropic organizations.
With four locations, including two warehouses, a fleet of truck, a staff of over 130 people, and a volunteer program of over 15,000 volunteers per year, we have the resources to make a difference in the Delaware Valley. By joining our team, you, too, can make a difference, as part of one of the most innovative hunger relief organizations in the U.S. Philabundance is looking for dedicated, creative and inspired team members – if this describes you, join us! We are proud to be a veteran-friendly, equal-opportunity employer.
The Data Analyst / Application Developer works closely with the Director – IT/MIS, the IT/MIS team and the Business Process Improvement (BPI) team to support the Business Process functions within Philabundance. The Data Analyst / Application Developer will be responsible for development, support and maintenance of all related database applications, including our ERP application, Navision/CERES4 software, as well as applications and business processes supported in Microsoft CRM and other in house built applications. Key activities include the development of software in support of revised business processes, performing root cause analysis of business application faults, data analysis and reporting for supported business areas, change/release management, and second-level support of all Philabundance supported software.
- Manage and report on data within the Navision/Ceres and SQL databases
- Work with IT/MIS team (and any outside vendors) to define and produce approved changes and then test all changes before release
- Provide end user support for Data Analysis and Reporting needs across the Philabundance organization
- Provide technical support for all Navision/Ceres/Access users
- Provide and update all applications documentation
- Provide timely status reports on all projects
Essential Job Functions:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Programming — Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Philabundance is a veteran-friendly, equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in Information Technology roles
- Prior experience in developing reports with third party reporting tools, i.e. SQL Server Reporting Services
- Prior experience in developing small to mid sized applications
- Knowledge of financial or ERP software systems preferred
- Knowledge of programming and development of workflow enabled applications (Microsoft CRM) preferred
- Experience with SQL databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and sustaining effective working relationships with management, peers and subordinates
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to provide direction and training
- Ability to provide suggestions for long range goals and objectives
- High energy, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, good communication skills and flexibility
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills, a need to work on multiple projects in parallel
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.