Business Analyst / Data Analyst/Consultant (Job family – Business Analyst)
This role is a Data Analyst/Consultant with a strong background in data management, warehousing, reporting and analytics. This position exists to assist the organization in making data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data within a business process or functional context.
This role requires a mix of skills that includes business analysis and data analysis in support of marketing data solutions. This a key role that supports the business ownership of applications as well as the provision of business operations support with our production support teams.
The role will provide guidance and direction to business partners on solutions and work with engagement managers, other business analysts/SMEs and staff to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered and appropriate business operations support procedures established.
Recommends basic data oriented solution alternatives to address business problems. Works with business and technical partners to ensure that the appropriate data is captured, structured and made available to business users in the most efficient way.
Become a domain expert for one or more systems in the area of data management, and acts as SME in support of Engagement Managers work on requirements and analysis.
Produces documentation and training material for business stakeholders as appropriate.
Carries out root cause analysis of system data problems. Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme.
Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s). Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations.
Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
Provides functional direction in data related areas of the operation or project.
May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
Builds and maintains complex SQL reports written by self and others.
Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (SQL Server, Oracle and external Excel).
Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
Participates significantly in creating tracking and monitoring tools.
Participates significantly in creating research plans for data gathering and analysis.
Participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing action plans accordingly.
• Minimum (6 to 10) years of business and/or data analysis or related experience with systems implementation and/or support projects.
• Minimum (3 to 5) years programming in SQL.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research, OR four years equivalent experience in a related field required may be substituted.
• Demonstrates excellence in analysis, documentation, and presentation tools.
• Strong knowledge of systems development methodologies.
• Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases.
• Experience with Data Modeling
• Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
• Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management.
• Must be an independent self-starter.
• Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, and candor, openness, and results orientation.
• Knowledge of systems development methodologies highly preferred.
• Broad knowledge of technologies and information technology approaches.
• Health plan management knowledge preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.