This position supports Early Clinical Development teams and management by providing predictive analytics insights, business intelligence, and operational analytics to facilitate effective data driven decision making. Accountabilities of the position include:
- Collects, analyzes and presents data in innovative and consumable ways to support business decision making
- Provides technical expertise and clinical development knowledge to Clinical Operations study teams and leadership
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems and initiatives
- Contributes to innovative analytical methodologies and visualizations of the growing data sets available to inform clinical trial design and operational strategy
- The senior level may oversee the data analysis of other team members
- Develop and deliver business relevant, innovative reports and analyses for use at all levels of the Genentech Research and Early Clinical Development department
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion on analyses and analytics projects, and drive the development of strategic solutions
- Consult with members of leadership and external stakeholders on the changing landscape of industry standards for Clinical Operations to support current and emerging portfolio needs (e.g., evolving Phase I model, regulatory timeline shifts)
- Drive requirements gathering for data visualizations and innovative analyses, and ensure complete understanding of project objectives and action plans
- Manage communication with study teams, both verbally and in writing
- Validate and model data from internal and external sources (typically in Excel) in support of Clinical Development Liaisons and Clinical Operations study teams
- Lead analytic and technical innovation through framework and model development
- Oversee ad-hoc analyses using internal and external data sets
- Leverage off-the-shelf solutions to develop customized data visualizations
- Lead and support business initiatives with analytics and data driven insights
- Participate in data source investigation, application development and user acceptance testing
- Develop expertise in concepts, methods and supporting technology relevant to analytics
Who You Are
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Business, Data Analytics, Data Science or a related discipline
- Experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry to include experience in the area of clinical development
- Minimum 3 years of data analytics experience
- Experience using data driven methods to analyze and solve business problems
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel or other advanced analytics platform, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong focus on customer support and relationship management
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Process minded and able to generate refined output from general concepts
- Responsible, able to multi-task and re-prioritize work on short notice
- Ambitious, resourceful, works with minimal instruction and oversight
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry
for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees
are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.