The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System's commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System's ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai's mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Data Analyst I oversees activities related to data integrity and enhancement of the value of data. The Data Analyst I may direct the movement of data across multiple systems; oversee its validation and organization and make sure that it is available to appropriate people and systems within an organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implements the best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and deliver analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center.
2. Maintains data integrity and supports data analysis as necessary.
3. Make recommendations and assist in data capture, data extraction and analysis.
4. Develop, maintain or implement procedures for data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks.
5. Document, implement, maintain or recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures.
6. May define parameters for file or space utilization.
7. Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval.
8. Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data.
9. Identifies and recommends solutions to data management issues.
10. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
11. Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management.
12. May oversee data entry staff and other less experienced Data Coordinators/Analysts.
13. May write and prepare manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences.
14. May access data in the Data Warehouse.
15. Performs other related duties.
What You'll Bring:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience. Master's degree preferred
2 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment OR one year relevant experience with Master's degree.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.