This position is responsible for configuration, design and implementation of dashboard and analytic
tools to support visual representation of operational and clinical data. This position will work with
multiple data sources that may be integrated in the semantic layers, ETL systems, databases or
visualization layers, and collaborate with the data warehouse team on semantic layer construction,
data models, data marts and databases. The ideal candidate must have a broad application and
understanding of healthcare operations and quality data.
The Data Analyst is expected to be flexible, work independently and exercise sound judgment when
conducting analysis and obtaining findings to enable the Project Managers to meet engagement
objectives. Additionally, the Data Analyst must have strong project management skills and have
experience in influencing and/or working on teams.
- Perform data analysis and extract insights from trends on operational metrics to help improve
Department operational activities.
- Interface with internal business stakeholders to understand data needs and uses around data analytics
- Enriches data with classifications and roll-ups to support analytics; building expressions and
calculations; working with stewards to clearly define and document definitions and metadata
- Solves complex technical problems related to dashboard design and business intelligence tools
- Work with business and IT management to understand and prioritize data and information needs
- Gather requirements and use cases from end users for visualization of data
- Carry out professional documentation of projects
- Understand and develop KPIs with project champions
- Responsible for advanced ad-hoc analytics, including modeling of multi fact and dimensional model.
- Design and construct data visualizations
- Perform data validation tests to ensure quality
- Document data flow through our clinical data warehouse
- Working with data warehousing team to develop data warehouses and data marts as needed
- Define and lead requirements gathering & use cases to communicate business requirements to data
- Coordinates coaching and training developers on how effectively and efficiently utilize data
visualization in business intelligence tools
Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline required. Three
years exp required.
- General understanding of analytics and data modeling.
- Experience creating data models.
- Working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with clinical data (such as HEDIS measures) is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction.
- The hiring manager is looking for someone to have two to five years of experience in an application
development environment or have experience with application development tools such as SQL,
Business Objects, Tableau and etc. Previous experience in healthcare is a huge plus.
- You will have experience with, or be willing to learn:
- Relational data modeling
- SQL based reporting
- Quality Assurance between the different SQL environments and working with subject matter experts
to ensure all the environments are in-sync.
- Advanced spreadsheet techniques (Excel)
- Advanced data visualization (Tableau)
NOTE: The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at 443-997-5100. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.