The Teradata Data Analyst will be responsible to work independently and as part of a team to develop and automate data analytic solutions for Teradata’s Platform Engineering group.
Besides collaborating with your immediate team, the successful candidate will work with other teams in Teradata Labs to identify data sources, move the data sources to data lakes or databases and help teams visualize the data to make discoveries.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing on-line reporting
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Work with your manager and teams to prioritize business and information needs
• Look for process improvement opportunities
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo which is north of downtown San Diego. Teradata is a fast- paced, high tech environment perfect for individuals seeking a challenge.
Skills & Attributes
The Ideal Candidate will have
• Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team
• The desire to mine data and develop solutions
• BS/BA in Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other Engineering Discipline.
• Knowledge of relational database systems.
• Knowledge of Hadoop.
• Programming knowledge: scripting languages, Python, Java.
• Experience with Data Analytic Tools.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.